We recently announced that we’re hiring a PR and Marketing Assistant, and there are just a few days left to apply for the role – the closing date for applications is Monday April 17th.
This is an exciting opportunity for a talented publishing PR and marketing professional at the start of their career to assist in the promotion of Nosy Crow’s fast-growing, award-winning children’s list. The successful candidate will join our team as PR and Marketing Assistant on a full-time basis, working in our London office near London Bridge.
Purpose of the Job:
The role of the PR and Marketing Assistant is to assist both our Senior PR and Media Relations Manager and Marketing Executive to promote Nosy Crow’s authors and illustrators, our high-profile list of titles and multi award-winning brands.
The PR and Marketing Assistant reports to the Senior PR and Media Relations Manager and will be joining the Sales and Marketing Department.
This role would suit someone with a year’s experience of PR or the children’s book industry.
We are a close team and we value the experience and creative input that we can each provide to help shape our products to be the best they can be.
Key responsibilities and tasks:
- To work closely with the Senior PR and Media Relations Manager to help implement creative and targeted PR campaigns that deliver coverage and sales for Nosy Crow.
- To set up and attend author tours, events and festivals.
- To maintain our PR contacts database and look after publicity mailings.
- Working under the guidance of the Marketing Executive, help to create a range of marketing material and collate and proofread the annual catalogue and rights guides.
- To provide general admin support and assist in the smooth running of the office.
Key skills, characteristics and capabilities:
- Previous experience working in the children’s book world, a range of press contacts and/or organising festivals, events, conferences and book tours is desirable, but not essential
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills plus the ability to write persuasive copy
- Appetite to deliver the best possible author care
- A great eye for detail and the ability to proofread
- Confidence in building and maintaining relationships with authors, illustrators and key contacts
- Flexible and able to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Willingness to be fully involved in our busy and fun office
- A keen interest in children’s books
The successful candidate will have the right to live and work in the UK.
To apply, please email your CV, accompanied by not more than 500 words on what you think you could contribute to Nosy Crow, both personally and as a PR/Marketing professional. Please send to Catherine Stokes (firstname.lastname@example.org), with details of your current salary. We look forward to reading your application.
The closing date for applications is midnight on 17th April 2017 (UK time).
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.