We’re looking for a creative, dynamic Junior Editor to work on our award-winning list of full-colour books. Working closely with the Editorial Director, Head of Picture Books and the design team, you will be project-managing a number of your own titles, both picture books and novelty, as well as overseeing our paperback and board books programmes, plus some marketing material.
Passionate about children’s books, with a good understanding of both the UK and international markets, you will be committed to making high quality, commercial titles that stand out from the crowd.
Your role will include:
– Project-managing a number of your own titles from acquisition to publication
– Supporting the full-colour editorial team on editorial and administrative tasks
– Liaising with authors, agents and illustrators
– Coming up with great ideas for picture and novelty books
– Editing texts and writing your own texts
– Writing excellent back cover and sales copy
The successful candidate will probably be educated to degree level and will. . .
– Have proven editorial and proof-reading skills
– Have perfect written and spoken English
– Have at least one year’s children’s book editorial experience. This is essential, so please don’t apply for the job unless you have this!
– Have a strong visual sense and an eye for design
– Have an interest in, and knowledge of, the UK children’s illustrated book market
– Be a hardworking, sparky and enthusiastic team player
– Be determined but tactful and have excellent presentation and communication skills
– Be flexible: we’re a small team, and we all have to muck in
We want someone who. . .
– Can spot a great text at a hundred paces
– Can turn a good text into a great one
– Is bursting with ideas for new titles
This a fantastic opportunity to be part of one of the UK’s most exciting and fastest-growing children’s publishers. Please send your CV and a covering letter to our Editorial Director, Camilla Reid, either by email (camilla [at] nosycrow [dot] com) or by post (Nosy Crow, 10a Lant Street, London, SE1 1QR).
Closing date: Friday 28th February 2014.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.