We have an incredible opportunity for a hard-working and super-organised individual with the right to live and work in the UK to join our team at Nosy Crow as a Production Assistant on a full-time basis, working in our London office near London Bridge.
The role of the Production Assistant is to assist the Production team in the production of our full-colour and black and white books and help in the processing, circulation and approval of materials and in communicating with our suppliers and in-house departments.
We are a small team and we value the experience and creative input that we can all provide to help shape our products to be the best they can be.
Key responsibilities and tasks:
- Assist in the production of mono reprints and with the view to taking on sole responsibility for them over time
- Handle the ebook conversion of all mono titles through Faber Factory, ensuring that files are converted accurately and that full metadata is supplied
- Process all incoming material – ensuring it is approved or distributed in a timely manner
- Collate proof and advance quantity requirements – gathering information from internal departments and communicating them with external suppliers, and assist the Production team in the ordering of material in preparation for Book Fairs
- Providing some general office administrative support
Key skills, characteristics and capabilities:
- Outstanding organisational skills
- Accuracy and a keen eye for detail
- Strong numeracy skills
- A collaborative and co-operative approach
- Can-do attitude and a willingness to ‘muck-in’ when required
- A strong interest in children’s publishing and the book production process
- Some experience of working in a book production department or publishing environment is advantageous but not essential
To apply please send your CV and an email outlining why you want to work in production and for Nosy Crow (no more than 500 words please) to Imogen Blundell ([email protected]). Please also tell us where you heard about this position.
The closing date for applications is midnight on Thursday 19 September 2019.
Nosy Crow is an equal opportunities employer. We believe that employing a diverse workforce is an important factor in success and make recruiting decisions based on applicants’ experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.