We have an incredible opportunity for a hardworking and super-organised individual with the right to live and work in the UK to join our team at Nosy Crow as a Production Assistant on a full-time basis, working in our London office near London Bridge.
The role of the Production Assistant is to assist the Production team in the production of our full-colour and black and white books and help in the processing, circulation and approval of materials and in communicating with our suppliers and in-house departments.
In addition to this, over time we’ll expect the Production Assistant to take on responsibility for handling day-to-day production of the mono list, ebook conversions and reprints of some full-colour titles. We’ll provide all of the support and training that is needed to do this, and our hope is that the job holder be handling the production of their own small list not long after joining us.
The Production Assistant reports directly to the Head of Operations.
We are a very small team and we value the experience and creative input that we can all provide to help shape our products to be the best they can be.
Key responsibilities and tasks:
- Process and manage mono fiction reprints and provide support for mono first printings with a view to taking responsibility for the mono front list production over time
- Handle the book conversion of all mono titles through Faber Factory, ensuring that files are converted accurately and that full metadata is supplied
- Process all incoming material – ensuring it is approved or distributed in a timely manner
- Collate proof and advance quantity requirements – gathering information from internal departments and communicating them with external suppliers, and assist the Production team in the ordering of material in preparation for Book Fairs
- Providing administrative support to the Operations department
- Providing some general office administrative support
Key skills, characteristics and capabilities:
- Outstanding organisational skills
- Accuracy and a keen eye for detail
- Strong numeracy skills
- A collaborative and co-operative approach
- Can-do attitude and a willingness to ‘muck-in’ when required
- A strong interest in children’s publishing and the book production process
- Some experience of working in a book production department or publishing environment is advantageous but not essential
To apply please send your CV and an email outlining why you want to work in production and for Nosy Crow (no more than 500 words please) to Alex Dickinson ([email protected]). The closing date for applications is midnight on Sunday 26th February 2017.