We have a really exciting opportunity for a talented, experienced and well-connected PR professional to lead the promotion of Nosy Crow’s fast-growing, award-winning Children’s list. The successful candidate will join our team as Senior Publicity Manager on a full-time basis, working in our London office near London Bridge.
Purpose of the Job:
The role of the Senior Publicity Manager is to shape and lead the PR strategy for each of Nosy Crow’s authors and illustrators, our high-profile list and multi award-winning brands.
The Senior Publicity Manager reports to the Head of Sales and Marketing and will be joining a dedicated, bright and vibrant Sales and Marketing Department.
We are a close team and we value the experience and creative input that we can each provide to help shape our products to be the best they can be.
Key responsibilities and tasks:
To plan and deliver imaginative, tailored, effective, wide-reaching and well-executed publicity campaigns, for short, medium and long term projects, across all Nosy Crow brands, authors, illustrators and titles.
To work closely with the Editorial and Sales and Marketing teams to ensure successful execution and maximise sales from first acquisition to sell-through.
Key skills, characteristics and capabilities:
- Proven track record of leading and delivering creative and strategic campaigns for both established and debut names and brands
- Proven success in organising festivals, events, conferences, launches and book tours, big and small
- Excellent contacts in all aspects of the media, and within the librarian, bookseller and influencer community
- Effective management skills to direct both internal and freelance staff, where required
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to constantly prioritise in a busy (but fun!) environment
- A keen interest in children’s books; board books and novelty, picture books and young fiction
- A background in marketing, as well as PR, would be advantageous, although not essential
The successful candidate will require the right to live and work in the UK.
To apply, please email your CV, accompanied by not more than 500 words on what you think you could contribute to Nosy Crow, both personally and as a PR professional. Please send to Catherine Stokes ([email protected]). We really look forward to reading your application.
The closing date for applications is midnight on Monday 4th March 2019 (UK time).
Nosy Crow is an equal opportunities employer. We believe that employing a diverse workforce is an important factor in success and make recruiting decisions based on applicants’ experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.