The Rights team at Nosy Crow is hiring, and we have an opportunity for a Rights Assistant to join our small and friendly team.
The Rights team consists of a Rights Manager, a Rights Executive and two Rights Assistants. Whilst the successful candidate will report to the Rights Manager, the role requires working closely with our Rights Executive assisting in selling to customers from specific territories including The Netherlands, Spain, Portugal, Latin America and Eastern Europe as well as contributing to the smooth running of the department.
Key responsibilities and tasks:
- Pitching books to customers during appointments at key international book fairs
- Creating rights appointment schedules, travel and accommodation for book fairs and sales trips
- Sending out follow-up material after the fairs both digitally and in hard-copy form
- Organising selling material for the Bologna and Frankfurt fairs
- Maintaining accurately the rights database containing information on submissions, rejections and licences of our books
- Coordinating the mail-out of foreign copies to authors, illustrators and their agents
- Providing general administrative support required by the rights department
- Providing general office administrative support
Key skills, characteristics and capabilities:
- Perfect written and spoken English
- Fluency in Spanish and ideally the ability to speak at least one other language in addition to English and Spanish
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Strong organisational skills
Excellent attention to detail
- The ability to multitask and prioritise tasks
The ability to work confidently under pressure
Initiative and the ability to work independently
Strong numeracy skills
- Strong interest in children’s books
The successful candidate will have the right to live and work in the UK.
To apply, please email your CV, accompanied by a covering letter of no longer than 500 words, to Michela Pea ([email protected]) with the subject heading Rights Assistant, telling us where you heard about the job.
The closing date for applications is Sunday 4 November at midnight (UK time).