Today we’re very proud to unveil the launch of a new programme of audiobooks for our fiction list. We’ve produced a launch list of twelve fiction audiobooks – and the books are now available to download from Audible, Amazon and iTunes.
Titles available to buy as audiobooks include My Brother is a Superhero by David Solomons, winner of the Waterstones Children’s Book Prize and the British Book Industry Awards Children’s Book of the Year prize, The Spy Who Loved School Dinners by Pamela Butchart, winner of the Blue Peter Book Award, and The Velveteen Rabbit by Margery Wiliams, the first title in a new series of Nosy Crow classics.
Five titles in Pamela Butchart’s award-winning Baby Aliens series have been narrated by Susan Calman, recently seen competing in Strictly Come Dancing. David Solomons’ award-winning, number one children’s best-seller My Brother is a Superhero, and its sequel My Gym Teacher is an Alien Overlord, have been read by comedian Joe Thomas, star of The Inbetweeners and Fresh Meat, while BAFTA-nominated actor Juliet Stevenson reads The Velveteen Rabbit by Margery Williams.
Kate Wilson comments: ‘We’re fantastically proud of the quality of this audio list – the brilliant books themselves, the production values, and, of course calibre of the readers, which is basically our voice wish-list realised. Over the years, with our apps and our picture book Stories Aloud initiative, we’ve learned so much about what makes audio compelling to children, and so much about making good audio. As the audiobook market for children grows and evolves, now feels like the perfect time to branch out into paid-for audio of longer works.’
Pamela Butchart comments: ‘I’m so excited that the Baby Aliens series is now available as audiobooks! It means the world to me that the adventures of Izzy and her friends are now accessible to blind and visually impaired children. The very funny Susan Calman (comedian and Dancing Queen!) is utterly brilliant as the voice of Izzy!’
The complete launch list of fiction audio titles is:
- Baby Aliens Got My Teacher, The Spy Who Loved School Dinners, My Headteacher is a Vampire Rat, Attack of the Demon Dinner Ladies and To Wee or Not to Wee by Pamela Butchart – read by comedian Susan Calman, recently seen competing in Strictly Come Dancing
- My Brother is a Superhero and My Gym Teacher is an Alien Overlord by David Solomons – read by Joe Thomas, star of The Inbetweeners and Fresh Meat
- The Velveteen Rabbit by Margery Williams – read by BAFTA-nominated actor Juliet Stevenson
- Little Bits of Sky by S.E. Durrant – read by Adjoa Andoh, the voice of Alexander McCall Smith’s 1 Lady’s Detective Agency
- Evie’s Ghost by Helen Peters – read by Louiza Patikas, the voice of The Archers’ Helen Archer
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.