We are incredibly, incredibly happy: our sixth fairytale app, Goldilocks and Little Bear, is out today! We are so proud of this app – it is truly unique. You can download it from the App Store here.
Goldilocks and Little Bear features a unique, interactive new form of storytelling: rotate your device at any point and experience the dual stories of Goldilocks and Little Bear. Enjoy each story in parallel, individually, or however you’d like – you can toggle between the two at any point. Here’s a VERY quick video demonstrating this great new feature:
It’s the classic story of Goldilocks and the Three Bears – as you’ve never seen it before. While Goldilocks is in the bears’ home, eating their porridge, sitting in their chairs, and sleeping in their beds, Little Bear is in Goldilocks’s family’s home – eating their pancakes, wearing their clothes, and reading their books!
The app features:
- A hugely innovative, playful new form of storytelling – rotate your device at any point in the narrative to experience a second story
- An imaginative, witty, modern re-telling of the classic fairytale – now with Little Bear’s story, too!
- Unique forms of interactivity in each scene: play hide-and-seek with the bears, collect berries in the forest with Goldilocks’s family, help Little Bear try on Goldilocks’s clothes, see yourself in the app using your device’s front-facing camera, tilt your device to rock Goldilocks on Little Bear’s chair, try each bowl of porridge and plate of pancakes… and tap, swipe, drag, and tilt to explore within every scene!
- A beautiful fairytale environment: meet Goldilocks and Little Bear as you’ve never seen them before.
- An emphasis on reading for pleasure – interactive elements that enhance, rather than detracting from, the story.
- Rich and detailed artwork from the creator of Nosy Crow’s award-winning Snow White, Jack and the Beanstalk, Little Red Riding Hood, Cinderella and The Three Little Pigs apps
- Fully animated: characters are constantly on the move
- Hundreds of lines of dialogue voiced by child actors
- Hundreds of interactive touch-points
- Incredible, originally-composed music
- Text-highlighting to support emerging and early readers
I think that this is our most imaginative, innovative app yet: as well as being another fantastically told, beautifully created fairytale, it also introduces a brand new form of narrative storytelling for Nosy Crow. And it embodies the kind of story that can only be told and experienced on a touchscreen device – Goldilocks and Little Bear really celebrates the potential of digital storytelling for children.
You can watch our official (beautiful) trailer for Goldilocks and Little Bear at the top of this post. You can also find out more about the app here, and you can download it on the App Store here. We’ve got lots of great stuff from the app to share over the next few weeks, so if you don’t want to miss anything, sign up to our apps newsletter!