A fortnight ago we announced that we’re recruiting a Sales Executive – and there are just a couple of days left to apply for the role: the period for applications ends on Sunday.
This is an exciting opportunity for a talented, publishing sales person at the beginning of their career to join Nosy Crow, working on our fast-growing, award-winning children’s list. The successful candidate will join our team as Sales Executive on a full-time basis, working in our London office near London Bridge.
Purpose of the Job:
The role of the Sales Executive is to assist both our Head of Sales & Marketing and Key Account Manager in effectively selling Nosy Crow’s list of titles and multi award-winning brands to all our customers.
The Sales Executive will be joining the fast-paced Sales and Marketing Department. This role would suit someone with at least one year’s experience of working in a publishing sales environment.
We are a busy and dynamic team and we value the experience and creative input that we can each provide. You’ll need to be flexible, determined, with a keen eye for detail, and good at working as part of a team.
Key responsibilities and tasks:
- Supporting key account presentations – creating and updating PowerPoint presentations and AI sheets, managing the sales materials (proofs etc.) and ensuring all material is prepared for sales meetings.
- Attending key account meetings with other members of the sales team
- Supporting Nosy Crow’s UK, Ireland and Export field sales teams
- Liaising with Nosy Crow’s distributors, GBS
- Analysing and reporting on sales data
- To provide general administrative support and assisting in the smooth running of the office.
Key skills, characteristics and capabilities:
- Previous experience working in children’s publishing, and in sales is desirable, but not essential
- A very close eye for detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills plus the ability to write persuasive copy
- Experience working with sales data and Excel for sales analysis
- Confidence in building and maintaining relationships with the field sales teams and key contacts
- Willingness to be fully involved in our busy and fun office
- A keen interest in children’s books
The successful candidate will have the right to live and work in the UK.
To apply, please email your CV, accompanied by not more than 500 words on what you think you could contribute to Nosy Crow, both personally and as a sales professional. Please send to Catherine Stokes ([email protected]), with details of your current salary, not later than midnight on Sunday 11th June. We look forward to reading your application.