Last week we announced that we’re hiring a Senior Publicity Manager, and there are just a couple of days left to apply for the role – the closing date for applications is Sunday February 26th.
This is a really exciting opportunity for a talented, experienced and well-connected publishing PR professional to lead the promotion of Nosy Crow’s fast-growing, award-winning Children’s list. The successful candidate will join our team as Senior Publicity Manager on a full-time basis, working in our London office near London Bridge.
The role of the Senior Publicity Manager is to shape and lead the PR strategy for each of Nosy Crow’s authors and illustrators, our high-profile list of titles and multi award-winning brands.
The Senior Publicity Manager reports to the Head of Sales and Marketing and will be joining a dedicated, bright and vibrant Sales and Marketing Department.
We are a close team and we value the experience and creative input that we can each provide to help shape our products to be the best they can be.
Key responsibilities and tasks:
To plan and successfully deliver imaginative, tailored, effective, and wide-reaching publicity campaigns, for short, medium and long term projects, across all Nosy Crow brands, authors, illustrators and titles.
To work closely with the Editorial and Sales and Marketing teams to ensure successful execution and maximise sales from first acquisition to sell-through.
Key skills, characteristics and capabilities:
- Proven track record of leading and delivering creative and strategic campaigns for both established and debut names and brands, within a range of budgets
- Proven success in organising festivals, events, conferences, launches and book tours with wide-reaching event, librarian and bookseller contacts
- Excellent contacts in all aspects of the media
- Effective management skills to direct both internal and freelance staff, where required
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to constantly prioritise and be proactive in a busy (but fun!) environment
- A keen interest in children’s books
- Previous experience working on children’s book campaigns desirable, but not essential
The successful candidate will require the right to live and work in the UK.
To apply, please email your CV, accompanied by not more than 500 words on what you think you could contribute to Nosy Crow, both personally and as a PR professional. Please send to Catherine Stokes ([email protected]), with details of your current salary. We look forward to reading your application.
The closing date for applications is midnight on Sunday 26th February (UK time).
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.