A couple of weeks ago we announced that we’re hiring a Marketing Executive – and there’s just one week left to apply for the position: the closing date for applications is next Friday, May 29th.
Our new, rapidly growing sales, marketing and PR department needs a Marketing Executive whose key functions will be:
- To work closely with the in-house sales team to constantly devise ways of supporting our key accounts, plus our UK, Ireland and Export Sales teams to maximise sales and liaise with international sales partners and rights customers over POS requirements and production.
- To contribute innovative marketing ideas to agent and author acquisition pitches.
- To write copy, and manage design and print of three substantial catalogues/rights guides (liaising with a freelance designer).
- To devise and implement a range of strategic marketing campaigns around key titles/series/authors and identify appropriate, effective advertising opportunities and write briefs for print and online ads.
- To manage external marketing agencies where appropriate.
- To produce and arrange print for a number of pieces of printed point of sale, including leaflets and flyers, posters, bookmarks, and other bookshop-friendly material as required.
- To act, where appropriate, as an ambassador for the company, presenting new titles and marketing plans at sales, retail and library conferences, for example.
- To communicate marketing plans and activity in-house, and to authors, illustrators and agents.
We expect that you will already have had some experience in a publishing marketing environment – preferably in a children’s department. This is a key job in a fast moving young company which enjoys and is successful at what it does. You’ll need to be flexible, determined, and good at getting on with a tightly knit team and its external customers. You’ll have the right to live and work in the UK. You’ll report to the Head of Sales and Marketing and will liaise closely with our sales and PR team.
Applications (stating current salary) to Catherine Stokes ([email protected]) by Friday 29th May.