A little while ago we announced that we’re recruiting a Production Executive – and there is just a week left to apply for the role: the period for applications ends on Sunday.
This is an exciting new role and we are looking for a hardworking and organised person with experience of children’s full-colour print production to join our small and friendly team.
Purpose of the job:
The role of the Production Executive is to deliver production services across the Nosy Crow list. It is the job holder’s responsibility to deliver great-looking books, on budget and on time, whilst following systems for managing workflow. The Production Executive will work closely with colleagues from all areas of Nosy Crow and need to maintain relationships with a range of external suppliers.
Key responsibilities and tasks:
- Manage the production of a portfolio of full-colour front list titles – from pre-press through to bulk production and delivery
- Handle the production of the majority of the full-colour backlist reprints with assistance from the rest of the team
- Play a leading part in the implementation of production management systems. Collate bibliographic data – ensuring it is complete and accurate. Work with the rest of the Operations team to develop workflow systems
- Liaise directly with Rights customers on the progress of their print orders ensuring we have in place the documentation we need, approvals are given on time and that any special requests are met
- Work closely with the sales department on the costing and production of full-colour specials projects, often to very tight specifications, costs and deadlines
Key skills, characteristics and capabilities:
- Experience in children’s full-colour picture book and novelty production and a good understanding of printing processes and terminology
- Excellent organisational skills
- Accuracy and an eye for detail
- Strong numeracy skills
- A collaborative and co-operative approach
- Tact, diplomacy and strong negotiating skills
- Can-do attitude and a willingness to ‘muck-in’ when required
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Working knowledge of Adobe CS Suite
The role is full-time and based in our office near to London Bridge. The successful candidate will also have the right to live and work in the UK.
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter to Alex Dickinson ([email protected]). The closing date for applications is midnight on Sunday 30th July.