A little while ago we announced that we were recruiting a Rights Assistant – and there is just under a week left to apply for the position: the deadline for applications is Monday 22 April at midnight (UK time).
This is a really exciting opportunity for a hardworking, organised individual, who can speak a language in addition to English and who is probably at the start of their career in publishing, to join Nosy Crow’s rights department as a Rights Assistant. Impressive rights and co-edition sales were a key reason we won the Queen’s Award for Enterprise: International Trade 2018 and International Achievement Award at the 2018 IPG Awards. This is your chance to be part of and contribute to our success in this fast-moving, fascinating, international area of our business.
Purpose of the Job:
The Rights team consists of a Rights Manager, a Rights Executive and two Rights Assistants. Whilst the successful candidate will report to the Rights Manager, the role requires working closely with our Rights Executive assisting in selling to customers from specific territories including The Netherlands, Spain, Portugal, Latin America and Eastern Europe as well as contributing to the smooth running of the department.
Key responsibilities and tasks:
- Creating rights appointment schedules, travel and accommodation for book fairs and sales trips
- Sending out follow-up material after the fairs both digitally and in hard-copy form
- Organising selling material for the Bologna and Frankfurt fairs
- Maintaining accurately the rights database containing information on submissions, rejections and licences of our books
- Coordinating the mail-out of foreign copies to authors, illustrators and their agents
- Providing general administrative support required by the rights department
- Providing general office administrative support
- Within a year, pitching books to customers during appointments at key international book fairs
Key skills, characteristics and capabilities:
- Perfect written and spoken English combined with strong communication skills
- The ability to speak at least one foreign language in addition to English, and we are particularly keen to find a Spanish or Portuguese speaker
- Strong organisational skills and excellent attention to detail
- The ability to multitask and prioritise tasks
- The ability to work confidently under pressure
- Initiative and the ability to work independently
- Selling skills
- Strong numeracy skills
- Strong interest in publishing, particularly children’s books
- Ideally some experience of, or exposure to, rights work in a publishing company or an agency
The successful candidate will have the right to live and work in the UK.
To apply, please email your CV, accompanied by a covering letter of no longer than 500 words, to Michela Pea ([email protected]) with the subject heading Rights Assistant, telling us where you heard about the job.
The closing date for applications is Monday 22 April at midnight (UK time).
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.