We have an exciting opportunity for a hardworking and entrepreneurial salesperson to join a recently established field sales team working across Nosy Crow’s fast growing and award-winning Children’s list.
We are looking for creative thinkers who are passionate about working with booksellers to get our books into the hands of as many readers as possible. We want to provide a bespoke service to our customers, working in new and innovative ways to promote our books, shout about our incredible authors and make our customers the heart of the local community.
We are looking for experienced salespeople with a strong regional knowledge, and while you may not currently work in field sales, an entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for books are key.
This is a permanent home-based role and will report into our Field Sales Manager.
Purpose of the Job:
Our Area Sales Managers will offer a friendly, fun and collaborative approach to selling books. We want to listen to our customers and work with them to publish and sell the very best children’s books in the market.
Your role will be to act as a brand ambassador for Nosy Crow, selling our books across the independent, heritage and gift sectors, strengthening our relationships with innovative and exciting promotions, whilst always keeping an eye out for new opportunities.
Key Responsibilities and tasks:
- Responsibility for selling to all independent booksellers and heritage and gift accounts across the South of England and Wales (excluding London), arranging travel as necessary to support trips
- Responsibility for handling orders, providing information and sales material to customers
- Working with Publicity teams to assist in the hosting of author events, tours and signings
- Working with Marketing teams to provide promotional support for your accounts and maximise sales opportunities
- Working with Field Sales Manager and Head of Sales and Marketing to deliver a sales growth strategy across your accounts
- To provide territory feedback and market insight to head office teams as and when required
Key skills, characteristics and capabilities:
- Excellent sales, presentation and negotiation skills
- Very good organizational skills and ability to prioritize
- You must hold a clean full UK driver’s licence
- A proven track record in building profitable business relationships and meeting targets
- Experience of and familiarity with social media, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Experience of working closely with Marketing and Publicity teams to support promotional activity
- A keen interest in children’s books; board books and novelty, picture books and young fiction;
To apply, please email your CV, accompanied by not more than 500 words on what you think you could contribute to Nosy Crow, both personally and as a Sales professional. Please send to Felicity Culley ([email protected]). We really look forward to reading your application.
The closing date for applications 27th August 2021.
Nosy Crow is an equal opportunities employer. We believe that employing a diverse workforce is an important factor in success and make recruiting decisions based on applicants’ experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.