We have a job opportunity for an organised and enthusiastic individual to join our team as a Contracts Assistant for an initial period of six months. The role of Contracts Assistant is to assist the Contracts Manager and the Rights Team with administrative tasks, rights management and renewal processes. This role is suitable for someone who is keen to kickstart their career in publishing or looking for in-house contracts and rights experience.
The Contracts Department handles over 1,500 contractual paperwork requests per annum, which include author contracts, subsidiary rights agreements, and other contractual paperwork including addenda, alongside ensuring valid copyright enforcement measures for our titles and permission requests and other ad-hoc legal queries.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Working closely with the Contracts Manager in implementing a strong contracts management system across the company
- To help and assist the Rights team with contract renewals
- Maintain the Contracts Log
- Opportunity to help with permissions, both outbound and inbound
- General contractual admin support which may include using and updating contract information on the Biblio publishing database
- Archiving of physical copies when possible
- Process contracts for signature both in physical form and via electronic signature software
- To assist ad-hoc Editorial, Rights, Design, Sales, Publicity & Marketing with queries relating to previous contractual terms
Key Skills, Characteristics and Capabilities:
- Interest in rights and contracts
- Perfect spoken and written English
- Fine attention to detail is essential
- Organised, with the ability to prioritise effectively
- A team player with a willingness to be fully involved in the business
- Interest in Copyright and Contract law desirable but not essential
- Proficient in Microsoft Office is essential, including Excel
- The right to live and work in the UK
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter of no more than 500 words to Nur Ben-Hamida ([email protected]) by the 1st February 2020. We encourage you to apply at the earliest possibility for this role.
Nosy Crow is an equal opportunities employer. We believe that employing a diverse workforce is an important factor in success and make recruiting decisions based on applicants’ experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.