Nosy Crow is a small, multi-award-winning, independent children’s publishing company. We’re one of the country’s fastest growing publishing companies, and are currently the 12th biggest publisher of children’s books in the UK.
We’re a team of around 50 people and 1 dog in a fun and fast-paced office. The Office Manager will play an essential role in the day to day smooth running of the company. We are looking for someone who is a strong multi-tasker with a can-do attitude to ensure the organisation is running as well as it possibly can. The role will involve building and maintaining relationships with a range of suppliers and representing the company to those suppliers so strong communications skills are essential.
This is a full time, permanent role, working in our London office near London Bridge.
Key responsibilities and tasks:
- Take responsibility for the smooth running of the office.
- Perform reception duties by being the first point of contact for all visitors and phone enquiries.
- Maintain the office condition and ensure any repairs and maintenance are carried out.
- Ensure office equipment is in good working order, including printers and kitchen apparatus.
- Coordinate the post by distributing all incoming mail and sending outgoing mail.
- Monitor adherence to Fire, Health and Safety regulations by ensuring procedures are followed and implementing any new policies as required.
- Act as the first point of contact for all office suppliers including couriers, cleaning company, IT support, security company and the landlord among others.
- Ensure the office has stock of all Nosy Crow books and manage the office supplies according to publishing schedules and key events.
- Distribute petty cash where appropriate and keep accurate records.
- Assist in the organisation of events and Book Fairs when required.
- Undertake some PA duties for the Directors including booking transport and diary management.
Key skills, characteristics and capabilities:
- Experience in office management or in another relevant administrative role.
- Friendly with a can-do attitude.
- Excellent organisational and problem-solving skills.
- Environmentally aware and cost conscious.
- A collaborative and co-operative approach.
- Good Microsoft Office skills.
The successful candidate will have the right to live and work in the UK.
To apply, please email your CV and a cover letter to Alex Dickinson (email@example.com).
The closing date for applications is 24th March 2020 at midnight (UK time), although please note that early applications may be prioritised.
Salary: £28,000 – £30,000 per annum
Nosy Crow is an equal opportunities employer. We believe that employing a diverse workforce is an important factor in success and make recruiting decisions based on applicants’ experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.