We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, organised and creative individual to join our team as a Publicity Executive on a full-time basis. This role is ideal for someone eager to further their publicity career in a fast-growing company with many high profile and award-winning authors, illustrators and brands.
Purpose of the Job
The role of the Publicity Executive is to devise and implement the PR strategy for Nosy Crow’s authors and illustrators, our high-profile list and multi award-winning brands.
The Publicity Executive reports to the Head of Sales and Marketing and our Senior Publicity Executive, and will be joining a dedicated, bright and vibrant Sales and Marketing Department.
We are a close team and we value the experience and creative input that we can each provide to help shape our products to be the best they can be.
- Devising and delivering imaginative, tailored, effective, wide-reaching and well-executed publicity campaigns, across all Nosy Crow brands, authors, illustrators and titles
- Organising a Nosy Crow presence at festivals, events, and conferences plus launches and book tours and attending these where required
- Developing and maintaining contacts in all aspects of the media, and within the librarian, bookseller and influencer community
- Working closely with the Editorial and Sales and Marketing teams to ensure successful execution and maximise sales from first acquisition to sell-through
- Working together with the Senior Publicity Executive on large projects and providing general administration support where required
Key skills, characteristics and capabilities:
- Experience in delivering creative and strategic campaigns for both established and debut names and brands
- Proven success in organising festivals, events, conferences, launches and book tours
- Excellent contacts in all aspects of the media, particularly within children’s books and within the librarian, bookseller and influencer community
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills plus the ability to write persuasive copy
- A creative flair plus strong organisation and time management skills and a strong attention detail
- A keen interest in children’s books and the ability to constantly prioritise in a busy and sometimes pressurised (but fun!) environment
- Basic design skills using InDesign and Photoshop desirable but not essential
The successful candidate will have the right to live and work in the UK.
To apply, please email your CV, accompanied by not more than 500 words on what you think you could contribute to Nosy Crow, both personally and as a publicity professional, to Catherine Stokes ([email protected]). We look forward to reading your application.
The closing date for applications is midnight on Sunday November 24th 2019 (UK time).
Nosy Crow is an equal opportunities employer. We believe that employing a diverse workforce is an important factor in success and make recruiting decisions based on applicants’ experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.