We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, hardworking and organised Sales Assistant to join Nosy Crow, working on our fast-growing, award-winning children’s list. The successful candidate will join our team on a full-time basis, working in our London office near London Bridge.
The sales team at Nosy Crow manages a portfolio of key accounts, including high street booksellers, supermarkets and online sellers. The role of the assistant will be to help with the entire sales process, from preparing for and attending meetings, through to organising the supply of books, and to sales monitoring and feedback. The role will report to the Senior Sales Manager, and there will be a focus on supermarket and online sales, as well as some support for special sales accounts.
We are a busy and dynamic team and we value the creative input that we can each provide. You’ll need to be flexible, determined, with a keen eye for detail, and good at working as part of a team.
Key responsibilities and tasks will include:
- Assisting on online accounts, focusing on Amazon and Books Etc; involving keeping pages up to date with covers/reviews/prize data and ensuring all bibliographic detail is correct across both physical books and ebooks.
- Working with the Digital Marketing Assistant to plan online marketing campaigns for Amazon, create digital marketing materials, and monitor promotions and sales.
- Supporting trade and special sales selling in presentations; creating and updating PowerPoint presentations and AI sheets, managing the sales materials (proofs, samples etc.) and ensuring all material is prepared for sales meetings. The focus will be on the supermarkets (ASDA, Tesco, Sainsburys), and special sales accounts.
- Attending key account meetings with the Senior Sales Manager and ensuring feedback notes are circulated and all follow up material, physical and digital, is sent out after the meeting.
- Liaising with Nosy Crow’s distributors, GBS, to manage smooth supply of books to customers.
- To provide general administrative support to the sales team.
Previous experience working in publishing sales is desirable, but not essential, as is previous experience of working with online retailers. We are looking for a team player with a close eye for detail; excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong numeracy skills; the ability to multitask and prioritise tasks and to work well under pressure; initiative and the ability to work independently; confidence in building and maintaining relationships with customers and sales contacts; and a keen interest in children’s books.
Candidates must have the right to live and work in the UK.
To apply, please email your CV, accompanied by not more than 500 words on what you think you could contribute to Nosy Crow in this role, to Frances Sleigh ([email protected]), mentioning how you found out about this vacancy.
Closing date for applications is 11.00pm on 12 December 2018.
Nosy Crow is an equal opportunities employer. We believe that employing a diverse workforce is an important factor in success and make recruiting decisions based on applicants’ experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.