A little ago we announced that we were recruiting a Sales Assistant at Nosy Crow – and there are only a few days left to apply for the position: the deadline for applications is Monday, April 2nd.
This is an exciting opportunity for a talented, publishing sales person towards the start of their career to join Nosy Crow working on our fast-growing, award-winning children’s list. The successful candidate will join our team as Sales Assistant on a full-time basis, working in our London office near London Bridge.
We are a small, close team here at the Crow’s Nest working in a friendly, highly creative and professional environment. We need a team player who is willing to muck in, particularly during busy times.
Purpose of the Job:
The role of the Sales Assistant will be to join the Nosy Crow sales team working on Key Accounts, particularly online. The role will report to the Senior Sales Manager and will be joining the Sales and Marketing Department. This role would suit someone interested in/with some previous experience of working in digital sales in particular.
We are a busy and dynamic team and we value the experience and creative input that we can each provide. You’ll need to be flexible, determined, personable, with a keen eye for detail, and good at working as part of a team.
Key responsibilities and tasks:
- Assisting on a number of online accounts, including Amazon, The Book Depository, Wordery; with key responsibility for improving and maintaining our metadata and online presence within those accounts.
- Working closely with Production, Operations and Editorial to ensure data feeds are supplying the most relevant information to online distributors
- Supporting trade key account presentations – creating and updating PowerPoint presentations and AI sheets, managing the sales materials (proofs etc.) updating grids and spreadsheets and generally ensuring all material is prepared for sales meetings.
- Attending key account meetings with other members of the sales team
- Liaising with Nosy Crow’s distributors, GBS
- Analysing and reporting on sales data
- To provide general administrative support and assisting in the smooth running of the office.
Key skills, characteristics and capabilities:
- Previous experience working in publishing sales is desirable, but not essential, previous experience of working with metadata and Amazon would be advantageous
- A very close eye for detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills plus the ability to write persuasive copy
- Experience in working with sales data and Excel for sales analysis
- Confidence in building and maintaining relationships with customers and sales contacts
- A keen interest in children’s books
To apply, please email your CV, accompanied by not more than 500 words on what you think you could contribute to Nosy Crow, both personally and as a sales professional. Please send to Frances Sleigh ([email protected]), with details of your current salary. Please also tell us where you heard about this position. We look forward to reading your application.
Nosy Crow is an equal opportunities employer. We believe that employing a diverse workforce is an important factor in success and make recruiting decisions based on applicants’ experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.