We have an opening for a part-time (for around 10 hours per week – more at launch times – but the time is spread over the whole week) freelance publicist and social media maven based in the U.S. and working from home to promote Nosy Crow apps by securing US traditional media coverage and contributing to our blogging and social media marketing efforts.
You live TV, radio and print, too, and you love social media too. You know from experience how to pitch a reporter, editor or blogger and get them to cover your story. You can plan and execute a marketing strategy. You write copy that sings: blog posts, press releases, web content, email campaigns and marketing materials. You can do it all. And, just as important, you are passionate about inspiring children to love to read.
Use your skills to publicise Nosy Crow’s award-winning picture book apps for children which draw readers into a world of charming illustrations, sophisticated animation and original music. They’ve already received extensive press coverage, so you will build on this strong foundation to spread the word about our new apps for 2013.
• Secure press coverage through your relationship with reporters, bloggers, editors and app review sites. Focus on media in the United States.
• Write, Americanize and distribute press releases.
• Contribute social media outreach on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
• Write and edit blog posts for the Nosy Crow website.
• Write marketing copy for emails, iTunes app pages and Nosy Crow website.
• Stay on top of key trends in digital publishing, children’s digital media and social media marketing.
• Advise on digital marketing strategy and measure effectiveness of campaigns.
• Demonstrated success securing press coverage in traditional and digital media.
• Excellent writing, editing and communication skills (please share clips).
• Experience running social media campaigns and measuring results.
• Understanding of marketing to parents and key topics in literacy, education and mobile apps.
• Ability to work remotely, part-time, in the United States for a London-based company.
Please email your resume, cover letter and links to your clips as soon as possible to [email protected]
As we say, we’d like applications as soon as possible, but our closing date is 24 January 2013.